Advanced Course of Coffee Cupping and Taste
October 16 - 19, 2023
The Peruvian Chamber of Coffee and Cocoa will kick off the 72th advanced course on quality control and coffee turnover by the Eng. Lourdes Córdova Moya, expert taster, trained in the laboratories of the Kraft Foods company in Germany and Taloca in Colombia, official taster in the National Quality Coffee Contests.
- Introduction to the course and presentation of the program.
- Broad and detailed theoretical introduction to the Peruvian Technical Standard NTP 209.027 Green Coffee. Requirements, advantages, use, importance, applications.
- Introduction to the NTP 209.311 Special Coffees.
- Development of NTP 209,028 Roasted and Ground Coffee.
October 17 - Face-to-face
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Theory and practice: Presentation and Evaluation of coffee samples corresponding to each Quality Grade: Sensory evaluation, according to NTP 209.027 methods: of the Basic Characteristics of coffee.
- Cupping practice with samples from different coffee growing areas.
- Discussion of the results/ Repetition of the taceo.
- roasting practice
- Theory and practice: Presentation and evaluation of coffee samples according to SCAA. Sensory evaluation. Determination of fragrance, acidity, body, flavor, balance, uniformity, clean cup, sweetness, aftertaste.
- Cupping: diverse samples brought by participants.
- Discussion on the results obtained / Repetition of the taceo.
- Proof with series of triangular tests.
- Cupping practice.
- Summary of the results.
- Theoretical exam of reference to the NTP 209.027 Standard.
- Course practical exam: Classification of various coffee samples according to the NTP 209.027 system.
- Summary of the course / Delivery of certificates.